Micropiles resist static loading conditions and are often employed as an in-situ reinforcement for poor soil conditions. Many of Florida’s waterfront homes and commercial structures sit on what was previously a mangrove swamp. Consequently, micro piling with their grout placement are idea solutions for cohesionless soil conditions.
Coastal Foundation Solutions also utilizes micro piling for underpinning during the construction of foundations for a variety of projects including coastal homes, community club houses, small bridges, and transmission tower projects.
Micropiles are specifically beneficial in confined or constricted access areas, especially where environmental impacts may be compromised. Coastal Foundation Solutions is very skilled in micropile foundation pile installations throughout Southwest Florida. Micro piles are routinely installed using small scale piling rigs that produce minimal vibration and zero noise pollution. Our mini-drill rigs are suitable for working in restricted access areas or where overhead clearances are an issue
ADVANTAGES OF MICROPILES
- Capacity 100 tons to 300 tons
- Pile may be installed in constricted access installations (5 ft wide) and low headroom (8.5 ft high)
- No spoils, vibrations, or noise
- Installed in normal Florida high water table application.
- Withstand compression, tension, and lateral loads
- Simultaneous drill and grout Installation